- Keep bandage on for 3-4 hours upon leaving. After removal, wash your new tattoo with an anti-bacterial soap (we use liquid dial). With your hands only, no washcloth, gently massage the area until clean. Allow to air dry THEN apply an unscented moisturizer (we use Unscented Lubriderm, but some people prefer to use a THIN smear of A&D ointment or Vaseline for the first few days—THIN smear). Before you go to bed, re-wash your tattoo as described above and re-apply lotion or ointment, then re-wrap with saran wrap for the nights sleep.
- Upon waking, wash your tattoo with cool to lukewarm water again with anti-bacterial soap. Apply a thin layer of mild unscented lotion (or ointment) to moisturize. Re-apply 5-6 times daily.
SECOND NIGHT (BIGGER PIECES)
- Wash gently with anti bacterial soap, apply lotion (or ointment) and again wrap in saran wrap, same as first night.
CONTINUED CARE THROUGH THE LENGTH OF YOUR HEALING PROCESS
- Re-apply mild lotion 5-6 times daily until peel begins. Keep well moisturized and clean until after the area is full healed. Apply lotion 7-10 times a day while peeling—DO NOT PICK your new tattoo.
- DO NOT SWIM THIS MEANS NO (LAKE, POOL, HOT TUB, RIVER, ETC!!)
- DO NOT listen to your friends instructions.
- DO NOT wear tight restrictive clothing near your tattoo.
- DO NOT expose your new tattoo to SUN, or tanning lotions (both are horrid).
- DO NOT pick or scratch.
- DO NOT submerge or soak your new tattoo in water (this means no baths, no swimming etc.).
* Please call if you have any questions while healing – 219.771.4256